[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily BLAST meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 15:18:57 EST

We're running ABS hydrogen at a spin angle of 48 degrees. The plan is to
continue with this. Beam current is 165 mA at injection, BQMs and WC
scalers look good.

Compton false asymmetry is down. Polarization is also down a bit. Bill
feels we're losing laser circular polarization on one of the mirrors.

Keep an eye on the wire chamber drift time spectra (twl and twr in the
OnlineGui), as the flow rate was reduced this morning to 3 slm of
helium. We can go back to 4 slm (or even 5) if we start losing the large
drift distances again.

ABS nozzle may clog up again in the next day or so. You'll see ligit
drop. Ask the chief operator to call Ernie Ihloff. He or Peter Binns will
come in to start the warm up. In the meantime, we'll run empty target.

Sometimes ligit takes a jump up. There is evidently a problem between the
RF and the static field of the MFT (Hauke made an entry a few days
ago). For that time that ligit is high, Genya believes the target is
unpolarized. I believe we still take data during that time, because it's a
failure, the sequencing software believes the target is in a well-defined
polarized state.

We are still having network problems. The T1 link to the outside world is
down while Ernie and Barbara work on the problem. Usually we can still
take data.

                                        Karen