[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily BLAST meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 15:18:55 EST

        Beam has been off since 9:30 in an attempt to fix yesterday's RF problems
in the accelerator. The problem was not actually in the water flow, and
also doesn't appear to be in the RF load at the beginning of the
accelerator. The RF group is still investigating.
While the beam was down this morning, the wire chamber gas bottles were
changed.

        Once beam is back we'll continue running ABS polarized hydrogen.

        When we warm the nozzle up (Monday?), we can run unpol hydrogen and do the
BLAST off tests for wire chamber calibration. There is a request to run
beam on Monday, as a Tektronix rep will be here to demo equipment as part
of the THz tests. This would mean filling the solenoids on Tuesday. After
that, we'll likely try to run higher current beam.

                                        Karen