[BLAST_ANAWARE] physical measurement of the holding field

From: Chris Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 15:35:32 EST

About doing a physical measurement of the target holding field angle,
what if we did a detailed 3-d mapping of the holding field in the target
region, and then fit that to data from TOSCA? Does anyone have an
estimate of what the error in such a measurement would be? or an idea
of how to go about estimating it?

My hope is that a fit to the model would apply data from the whole
volume towards each point on the beamline so that we wouldn't be limited
by the angular resolution of the probe or the systematics of doing an
angular allignment.

Any comments or suggestions?
--chris