[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily BLAST meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 15:23:16 EST

Genya has been working on tuning the ABS transitions today. He has a
problem with one of them. He is still working on it.

For a short time this morning, beam was injected into the ring up to 140
mA, with lifetimes of 20 minutes with the slits in. Then beam work stopped
so as not to interfere with ABS tuning.

The plan for tonight: Genya will work on the transitions some more. If he
gets them all working, we will take data with the ABS to measure the target
polarization. Beam current will be whatever can comfortably be injected,
perhaps 140 mA.

If Genya can not get all transitions working, he will leave the ABS flowing
gas into the target, and Operations will work on improving the beam tune
and increasing the injected current and lifetime. We can take data to see
what the beam looks like, check out detectors and rates and such. Genya
will then take more time tomorrow to work on the ABS tune.

                                        Karen