[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily BLAST meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 15:23:57 EST

Overnight runs on a "clean" cell (warmed up to get rid of any crud from the
leak that was fixed Sunday) showed that the target is about twice as thick
as October, but polarization is still low (Pzz about 35+-10%, hPz 7% in one
sector, 25% in the other -- not all runs crunched yet).

Today Genya has been icing the cell. We will also run at 32 degree holding
field for a larger field magnitude. Genya has already tuned the ABS
transitions for that. Icing will stop at 9-10 pm. The nozzle is warm for
icing, so it will need about 2 hours to cool. Electron beam should not
require much tuning.

Some temperature sensor wires may be shorted inside the vacuum
chamber. Two sensors on the target frame are working without beam, we'll
see if they work with beam.

Take 250k runs on ABS deuterium and be sure the autocruncher is running, so
that we can get first results 6 hours after taking the data.

Pit is closed and locked. South Hall is still open, Genya will set the
closing time in consultation with the chief.

                                                Karen