[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 02/28/2005 A (1-9)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 08:56:19 EST

Operator: egeis

Overnight we attempted No Field runs. Scalars and trips prevented filling above 75mA. WC L/R was 3800/2800 after 5 hours of steering. I took 5 runs and they're crunching now by Chi's directions. DAQ was active for ~5% of the time with Field Off. Reset for a trip in the WC's and the other sector Crate would trip while the HV was resetting. Very frustrating. I was trigger happy for about 2 hours while I got the five runs of No field data. When DAQ was running, 150k events would pour in through about 15 seconds of running. If someone with root privileges can disable the monitor power saver on the right display, it would be much appreciated.

NO Field: 13844 13846-13849

At 6, we ramped up BLAST and I changed to Empty target for no reason at all. 200mA injection

Empty Runs: 13851 13852

At 8:20 one of CCR's IOC's gave problems and the beam is now down.
Now, Holding Field is being cycled and valves will be opened to inject ABS D2 into the target.