[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 03/06/2005 B (9-17)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 17:04:43 EST

Operator: kdow

Running on ABS deuterium. This morning was rocky. Ligit showed a sizable increase at every injection (to 200 mA). Some increases were enough to close ABS V14 and 15. There were also problems with the water temperature regulation for the primary water AND the South Hall water. So not much data taking this morning...

After the water temperatures were stabilized this afternoon, continued taking ABS deuterium, albeit at lower injection currents (starting with 110 mA). We're now at 155 mA injection, and almost never a ligit increase with injection. Lifetime is 30-31 minutes.

One looming problem is that ligit has been slowly dropping since this morning (which is at least one reason the lifetime is longer). The coincidence scaler that CCR has access to has also dropped somewhat (usually 1.1 I think, now 0.9). Genya suspects we are getting close to clogging the nozzle. When the C1 Dissoc. pressure (on the first ABS workspace) goes above 9.5 Torr, call Genya at home.

Run length is now 500k, runs last over an hour at these fill currents. The 750k runs from yesterday take too long to crunch for my tastes.

Keep the crunching going. Once yesterday's runs are done crunching, run the polarization codes and update pol.log. Keep the RUNLIST up to date.

Good runs 14103-14104, 14107-14110
Run that needs massaging for V14,15 closing: 14106