[BLAST_ANAWARE] p(e',e) analysis

From: Akihisa Shinozaki (shino@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 15:43:26 EST

Hi Tavi,

Please never mind my previous results. I found at least four mistakes in
my code. Both data and simulations were not right results. I was
basically collecting the "garbages" for the data. Also, the simulations
did not took the pi+ channel into account by my mistakes. I am sorry if
I made another confusions for you.

So this is my another attempt for the p(e',e) results for you. This time
only trigger 7 is considered. For e' selection, Cerenkov hits were
required for the corresponding TOF counters.

The file, asymmetryi.ps, shows the asymmetries from all the data
obtained from last October to December (48 deg. only). The data are
compared with my MAID and SL simulations. The simulated curves assume
the dilution factor = 0.5 with no asymmetry offset. The data make good
agreement with the simulations. It *seems* to me that your data do not
quite match with mine in the left sector since your data do not go
beyond the zero as much as my current result. I think we can discuss
this later.

peei_md.ps and peei_sl.ps show the data distributions of W, Q^2,
Ee'(lab), and, Theta^e'(lab) . The blue (red) + points are the counting
rate in events per Coulomb in the electron left (right) sector. The
thiner lines are background (empty target spectrum). The thick curves
are my MAID or SL simulations. The data spectra in peei_md.ps and
peei_sl.ps are not the same because W<1.4 GeV is applied for MAID while
the SL simulation requires W<1.3 GeV. There is no radiative process
considered and this should be one of the sources of the differences
between the data and simulations. Since you are doing with GEANT, you
could tell me more on the characteristics of my simulations.

It is quite striking that the background rates are as high as the
foreground, which is the main source of the error in the asymmetries. I
am using the all empty target runs available but the statistics is still
about one tenth of the foreground.

I think that is all for now. Thank you!
aki