[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 03/20/2005 C (17-1)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 00:59:06 EST

Operator: akdogan

Smooth shift. Took ABS-D data.

Beam:
Injection current 225mA, lifetime 30-35mins.
Beam polarization 64.7+-0.7%.
CCR had a minor transmitter problem at 23:00 which was fixed by CO
promptly. Had another transmitter problem at 23:45 which was not
easily fixable. Technician came in, and we had injection capability
about 15 mins ago.

Detectors:
WC scalers are a bit high; on average about 40-45 Hz/mA. L21 trips a few
minutes after the injection as Karen reported. It is already at 3800V. Decided
to live with it. Now there is (almost) no beam, it may cool down. R24 seems to
be doing fine at 3825V.

Target:
Same anomaly was obsorved: Ligit shows some transion-like spikes between
the transitions, otherwise ABS epics screens look fine to -me-.
Cell-Temp was out of scale (>200K?) most of the time when it was
injecting at 225mA.

Analysis:
The CPU farm was -barely- enough to handle the incoming data stream,
with a couple of extra recrunches. At the moment there is no backed up
runs, and there are a few free CPUs. However, there won't be polarization
result in this summary as the latest set is still being crunched: It takes
11 CPU-hrs/bud to crunch a 1,000,000-event run.