Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 04/01/2005 A (1-9)

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 10:07:58 EST

Then I must be the culprit from the shift the other night - I reset
and saved the L21 guard HV when it had gone beyond -1900V - I must have
saved CE = 0. Sorry!

                         Pete

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Electronic Log Book wrote:

> Operator: mcilhany
>
> One addendum:
> At 04:45 - LG 0 had tripped several times prompting me to lower its
voltage to -1960V. Once set, I saved the state and went on to take
tripless data. At 08:15, I went to change LG 0 back to -1990V and discovered that the CE=0 for LG 0 had been saved for the last 3.5 hours. Oops. So, lesson learned, whenever setting a new voltage on a detector channel - BEFORE saving the state, check the CE status as well and verify that is is CE=1. Sometimes, when you check a voltage, the CE has not yet been set to CE=0, so you think you can safely save the new voltage. Please check the CE state before saving.

> -KLM

Pete Karpius
Graduate Research Assistant
email: karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu