Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] crunching in the new library

From: Eugene J. Geis (Eugene.Geis@asu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 15:14:33 EST

Is there any consequent assignments in this case, e.g. PID or charge (qwl/qwr) written as 0, if a sector's
track has been scrapped due to too few hits, or is this a subsequent result of trigger and further
information outside of reconstruction?

Quoting Chi Zhang <zhangchi@MIT.EDU>:

> Indeed there is a cut placed to avoid the program spending any time on
> events with too few or too many WC hits. when hits in any sector is
> less
> than 10 or more than 80, all the hits in this sector is wiped out from
> TBLWc1HitContainer, so they do not propagate to later stage to plague
> reconstruction of stubs, segments and tracks. I determined these limits
> while ago by comparing the hit distributions in lr and flr ntuples. It
> appeared that when number of hits in one sector is less than 10 or
> more
> than 80, there is very little chance of successfully reconstruct any
> tracks.
>
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Eugene J. Geis wrote:
>

> > In v3_4_4 or 6... whichever we're presently using, Wire Chambers have
> a listed entry for raw hits but it
> > seems that there is some kind of veto on number of hits between 0-10
> and a veto on number of hits
> > above 80. Can someone please explain the algorithm undertaken when
> the WC hits are in the range
> > between 0 and 10? Are they simply assumed to be neutral particle
> events and hwl/hwr are written as 0?
> >
> > eugene

Eugene Geis
PhD Student, Physics Department, ASU
Research Affiliate, MIT-Bates Laboratory of Nuclear Science
eugene.geis@asu.edu
http://quickreaction.blogspot.com