Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] crunching in the new library

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 14:58:39 EST

Indeed there is a cut placed to avoid the program spending any time on
events with too few or too many WC hits. when hits in any sector is less
than 10 or more than 80, all the hits in this sector is wiped out from
TBLWc1HitContainer, so they do not propagate to later stage to plague
reconstruction of stubs, segments and tracks. I determined these limits a
while ago by comparing the hit distributions in lr and flr ntuples. It
appeared that when number of hits in one sector is less than 10 or more
than 80, there is very little chance of successfully reconstruct any
tracks.