Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] Network interruption (rescheduled)

From: Ernie Bisson, MIT Bates Linear Accelerator (BISSON@aesir.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 16:25:56 EDT

>Ernie, I agree, it is my fault, I did not pay attention to run my jobs in
>a better way (not affected by network disruptions).
>
>But, may be we need a better computer for blast05?!

Tavi,

This has nothing to do with the realibilty of blast05. The equipment that was
having problems is a network switch, which blast05 is connected to (as well as
all other systems in the SHCB that are on the Bates/Lab network). Because the
switch was having problems, blast05 became inaccessible and ssh connections
to/from it timed out. Thus, your connection to it from spinspin timed out.
The computer blast05 never went down.

Ernie