Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] Network interruption (rescheduled)

From: Octavian F Filoti (ofiloti@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 19:37:26 EDT

I have lost my data continuously in the last month!
I use former Baris' computer (spinspin) to log in to my bud (bud07).
One run takes in average three days (I use only my bud, due to some
settings to my env.). Last Saturday I was on shift, my data was lost, I
started it again, now, Monday: both runs:

  Read from remote host blast05: Connection reset by peer
  Connection to blast05 closed.
  <spinspin.lns.mit.edu:103>

Since this was impossible to do it from UNH, it looks like it is
impossible to do it from Bates also! Normally I loose my histograms, thus
I have started printing all the data in order to be able to reproduce it
later, but this doesn't work either! Do I have to use a special computer
to stay connected?!

Octavian F Filoti
Nuclear Physics Group
Univ. of New Hampshire