[BLAST_ANAWARE] rate/efficiency from unpol runs

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 16:52:41 EDT

Hi, since the Apr 06 analysis meeting, I redid the unpol analysis. A new version
of show_buff_flow.C by Aki is used which I believe incoorperates more accurate
cell conductance calculations. the unpol runs are lrn-recrunched with the new
DCCT calibration. the results look much better this time. the recrunch also
brought back some missing cell temp epics info.

date density ed-rate density recovery-rate
         from buffer flow from ed rate
            D/cm^2 /C D/cm^2
2004
May 11: 6.14e13 0.62 3.70e13 60%
May 11: 5.77e13 0.61 3.61e13 63%
Jun 03: 4.92e13 0.51 3.09e13 63%
Jun 07: 7.89e13 0.85 5.08e13 64%
Jun 26: 8.05e13 0.78 4.71e14 59%
Jul 14: 4.88e13 0.63 3.79e13 78%
Aug 08: 7.66e13 0.96 5.78e13 75%
Sep 07: 4.89e13 0.63 3.79e13 77%
Oct 05: 4.35e13 0.58 3.47e13 80%

2005
Apr 15: 5.21e13 0.51 3.07e13 59%

If you compare this to what I showed on Apr-06, the major difference is in fact
in the target density computed from the buffer flow. So seems that our
efficiency was actually in 70-80% ballpark. Note that this is after trigger, WC,
tracking and a complete set of ed-elastic event selection rules.

The unpol took on Apr 15th, apart from the spin bits problem, Cell Temperature
Epics channel "ABS:TC2:QSAMP2.VAL" was invalidated. lrn has been using this
channel for cell temp. The result is that CellT in DST and ntuples are -1 all
the time.