Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] Current and density dependences

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 13:07:53 EDT

hi, to echo Genya and Nick's messages:

using Aki's code, the average unpol target flow for the 1torr and
3torr runs are:

1 torr: 4.34 +/- 0.27 * 10^15 mol/sec
3 torr: 12.38 +/- 0.26 * 10^15 mol/sec

divide the Genya's rates by the flows:
1 torr: 0.098 +/- 0.002 /C/(mol/sec)
3 torr: 0.094 +/- 0.003 /C/(mol/sec)
a slight 1 sigma difference. dR = 0.004 +-/ 0.004

on my book, with tighter cuts for ed-elastic:
1 torr: 0.061 +/- 0.002 /C/(mol/sec)
3 torr: 0.061 +/- 0.002 /C/(mol/sec)
no difference at all, the fit would be perfectly linear going through the
origin.

the systematic difference in the two buffer flow measurement should be
small because the two series of runs are adjacent. and should even
cancel out when one only compares the ratio of the two rates. compare to a
set of 2 torr runs taken two weeks before these runs, the value of
events/C/(mol/sec) is different from 0.061 by a much larger margin.

Chi