Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] latest version of BlastLib2

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 22:43:41 EDT

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Michael Kohl wrote:

> Hi (Chris and Chi),
>
> I'm in the process of preparing an lrd-recrunch for the 2005 runs.
> Mark is working on the timing calibration of the outer detectors.
> Am I right with the following: (??)
>
> -Version 3.4.10 is tagged according to Chris' sticky elog message but not
> yet linked in the blast account, however it should be used for the
> recrunch.

lost track on the version numbers, I would recommend tagging and using the
head version anyway.

> -The generated dst also contains the applied calibration constants (for
> both lrn and lrd)

yes.

> -CloneDst.C needs to be run on top of lrd-generated DSTs.

yes

> -we need a "patch" to recalibrate the charge in the DSTs for runs between
> 13267 and 15213 (from 15214 we used the new calibration for crunching)
> I suggest that this is gonna be done with a dedicated macro that reads
> the complete dst tree, recalibrates the charge ntuple, and writes a new
> dst.

yes, but I would recommend running lrn instead. good high polarization
runs starts from 14336, bad current calibration stops at 15188. there are
a bit more than 600 ABS runs, plus a handfull of empty and unpol, with 24
buds, 16 (18?) spuds and a few dblasts, all those can be lrn'ed in less
than two weeks. plus, if one wants LG info in analysis, one must write up
the code needed and run lrn on all runs with LG anyway.

I do not plan to use any runs between 13565 and 14173 because the
polarizations and stats are so low that they would not have any
significant contribution to my results anyway.

I don't know how many H2 runs from last year that must be reanalyzed with
new current calibrations.

> -does this have to be done before "lrd" is invoked on those runs with the
> old charge calibration?

I would imagine any such patch can be applied either before or after.

> -From Chi's elog messages I conclude that running "lrn" on any run after
> 4011 will use the new calibration.

yes. we started using the new ldcct calibration shortly after Doug
provided it. runs after 15213 are good in terms of charge calib.