more on 2005 (e,e'p)n rate

From: Renee H Fatemi (rfatemi@mit.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 17:39:31 EDT

Hi Vitaliy,

I looked at % of events removed for each cut in the 2004/2005 (e,e'p)n
analysis. I found that 2.2/2.4% of events survived exactly the same series
of cuts (no MM or kinematic corrections). Yet the rate of ep_coin/kC for
each year is 19.36/16.52 -> about a 15% reduction. From this the
difference seems to be in the charge. We are looking at different channels
but I would be interested to see if your analysis give the same results,
ie similar reduction in #events from 2004-2005 but still a different rate.

One other difference is that the rate of ep_coin in 2004 was equal for the
R/L sector but in 2005 the electron L side had about 20% for events than
eRight.

Just another clue...
Renee

P.S. I chose runs 15392-15398 from 2005 which are after the charge
calibration changed, so this shouldn't be an explaination/issue.