Re: New BLAST magnetic field grid.

From: Chris Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 13:41:25 EDT

Hi Michael,
   The problem is that when people update from CVS, it would then
download each copy of the field. There have been many different
versions of the field: the TOSCA map, Abby's fieldmap, my corrected
version of hers, Doug's, etc., and each one represents a large fraction
of the entire CVS. Bates is connected to the outside world by only a
T1, which would make checkouts painfully slow. Also, the old fieldmap
is not pure B-S, but a little of each.
   Here is a simle command to check out a previous version as a new
name, which I ran in the directory blast:$BLAST_PARAM:

   cvs up -p -r1.7 bgrid2.blast > bgrid2.bs

The '-p' pipes the output instead of updating the file.

Karen, the closest we have to a real biot-savart is -r1.1, which was
the Tosca map used for a long time. However, we could generate one from
Doug's code imported into libBlast.so if needed.
--Chris