Minutes of the analysis meeting on 10/25/2005

From: Michael Kohl (kohlm@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 17:08:27 EDT

Attending DH, KD, JC, VZ, NM, MK.

Agenda:
-Status of straight track analysis
-Status of recrunch
-Date for Collaboration meeting
-Meeting schedule and agendas for November
-Going around

-Status of straight track analysis
DH reports on status of straight track analysis. Goal is to see if
corrections to wire positions are supported by straight tracks. Right now
the resolution dx = x_1 + x_3 - 2x_2 is quite bad for the zero field runs.
Suggested better event selection, constrain event sample with elastic
events. This selection of a straight track sample should be based on
TOF-TOF coplanarity and time correlation. It would be best provided by an
lrn analysis without tracking. DH's analysis of straight tracks however
starts from raw coda data, thus it is not so easy to apply the relevant
cuts. Is there a way to filter Coda data with elastic cuts (coplanarity
and timing) and then write the filtered events back to Coda format? This
would provide a much cleaner sample for Doug's analysis (hit multiplicity
is several tens or hundreds hits per event and makes it extremely hard to
find the right tracks. Also, the question was raised what the status of
the "-zf" option in lrn is.

-Status of recrunch
See email that I've sent out yesterday. Today we had a power outage at
Bates, recovering is going on.
I'm crunching runs 4935-11250, most importantly runs ~7800-11250 at a rate
of 200 500k-events runs per day. This will take ~2weeks. Once this is done
iterations with lrd can be performed 10times more quickly. I'll keep track
of all recrunch versions and what the changes are.

-Date for Collaboration meeting
Suggested Thursday 1/12/2006. Become obsolete as I write this, now either
Thu 1/5/2006 or Fri 1/6/2006.

-Meeting schedule and agendas for November
The recently introduced regular date on Tuesdays at 10am collides with the
CAST seminar every other week. We agreed to move the time of the analysis
meeting again to
======================
| Wednesdays 13:30 |
======================
Afternoon is necessary to allow John to attend.
This should not collide with the STAR R&E meeting which was set to be on
Wednesday morning 09:00.

Let me know if that's fine with everybody.

-NM, VZ:
Working on Montecarlo. There are four versions with different generators
now for inclusive quasielastic. Working on consistency checks. The latest
version uses H.A.'s inclusive reponse functions and tosses only the
electron, i.e. the hadrons don't need to be integrated out anymore
explicitly. onsistency with exclusive MC is on the order of few percent.
MC statistics will benefit from this.

Regards,

    Michael