Re: more radiative MC plots

From: Michael Kohl (kohlm@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 10:48:37 EST

Hi,

since it is elastic scattering, you can calculate W from p' as well as
from theta_e. With W=sqrt(2omegaM+M^2+Q^2) and Q^2=4pp'sin^2(theta/2) one
usually uses both the p' and theta variables to build W. The "kinematic
corrections" for p' and for theta are different, while the MC doesn't
care. Why not plotting all versions of W?

Regards,

   Michael

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, vitaliy Ziskin wrote:

> Adrian,
> The W spectrum requires a knowledge of electron energy which in turn needs to
> be corrected (kinematic corrections). Which kinematic corrections do you use
> if you do at all? If you do not apply the corrections, can you dig up Chris'
> corrections and apply those. If you do apply the corrections, can you turn
> them off. This would be very interesting to see, whether the "kinematic
> corrections" are effected by radiative effects.
>
> Cheers, Vitaliy
>
> P.S. Are making a cut on coplanarity. It seems that you still have some
> inelastic events in your real data.
>
> Adrian T Sindile wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Please take a look at the comparison between real data, unradiated MC and
>> radiated MC for yield as a function of Q^2 (after all cuts, in one plot):
>>
>> http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/normYieldsComp.gif
>>
>> and as a function of W (with no cuts):
>>
>> http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/wComp2.gif
>>
>> The histograms have been again normalized to the integral of counts.
>> In both plots, blue is unradiated MC, black is real data, and red is
>> radiated MC.
>>
>> For the W plot, the agreement between radiated MC and real data is very
>> good up to W = 0.9 GeV/c^2, it is a little worse after that. The radiative
>> tails are pretty similar, in my opinion (note that no cuts were applied, so
>> there might still be junk in the real data used for this plot).
>>
>> I was in the middle of addressing Michael's third item below (actually, I
>> was trying to plot A(born)-A(born + MASCARAD)/A(born with error bars) -
>> suggested by Vitaliy last time) when the network started to crawl... hope
>> to have it by Wednesday.
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>>> -Status of radiated MC (ASUNH)
>>> Shown was the normalized yield as measured compared with the
>>> MASCARAD-MC result (with Hoehler form factors). Very good
>>> agreement. Suggested to plot
>>> 1) Unradiated and radiated MC result vs. Q2 after all cuts in one plot
>>> 2) Measured and MC yield as a function of W (without W-cut!)
>>> 3) The ratio of measured/MC yields (with errors) to spot details of the
>>> agreement

+-------------------------------------+--------------------------+
| Office: | Home: |
|-------------------------------------|--------------------------|
| Dr. Michael Kohl | Michael Kohl |
| Laboratory for Nuclear Science | 5 Ibbetson Street |
| MIT-Bates Linear Accelerator Center | Somerville, MA 02143 |
| Middleton, MA 01949 | U.S.A. |
| Email: kohlm@mit.edu | K.Michael.Kohl@gmx.de |
| Work: +1-617-253-9207 | Home: +1-617-629-3147 |
| Fax: +1-617-253-9599 | Mobile: +1-978-580-4190 |
| http://blast.lns.mit.edu | |