some kinematic correction plots

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 18:57:51 EST

Hi Michael,
Here are two plots showing my momentum corrections for elastic events
(that is events I use after all my cuts):

1) Electron momentum corrections: p_e - p_e(theta_e) (blue is before, red
is after corrections)

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/elMomCorr.gif

2) Proton momentum corrections: p_p - p_p (theta_p) (blue is before, red
is after corrections)

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/prMomCorr.gif

Please note from the stats how well they center around 0. If people find
these useful, I can send my parametrizations p_e(theta_e) and
p_p(theta_p)... they are 7-th degree polynomials used in event selection
and illustrated by the above plots.

The above electron momentum correction was also used to correct the
invariant mass spectrum from this plot:

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/Wraw.gif

to this plot (which I did not get to show last time):

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/Wcorrected.gif

I hope this helps. Thank you and sorry I just got to it this afternoon,
Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@unh.edu