Re: some kinematic correction plots

From: Michael Kohl (kohlm@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 19:46:18 EST

Hi Adrian,

thanks for the plot. Please also send the parameters for the other
parametrizations of corrections for proton-theta's, phi's and z's as
functions of electron-theta's, phi's and z's.

I see that the correction for proton-dz is almost 1cm in the right sector.
The correction assumes that electron-z is correct. How do the absolute z
distributions for protons and electrons compare with each other? Are the
corrected distributions symmetric around z=0?

Similarly, are the corrected phi distributions symmetric around phi=0 and
phi=180?
If not, the assumption of believing z_electron and phi_electron may not be
valid.

So, please send plots for phi and z for protons and electrons before and
after corrections.

>From looking at the angle offset of about -0.2 degrees I assume that your
results are for the most recent recrunch, right? So, how does the ep
elastic yield distribution as a function of Q2 compare with the previous
crunch version of last summer (v3_4_12), both before and after
corrections? Did the most recent recrunch after including corrections
change anything? (Or differently asked, is it the electron angle or the
proton angle that has shifted by 0.2 degrees between the two crunch
versions?)

Best regards,

    Michael