Re: some kinematic correction plots

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 20:05:06 EST

Hi Michael,
I have to check the version of the recrunch, but I am sure I did not use
the latest one (the one done with the recalculated charge)... and the plot
I sent was presented in September 2005, as the folder name bellow would
suggest:

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/meeting0905/7wcCutsPhi14Pol7.gif

I will send the plots you requested as soon as possible, I really
have to wrap up my thesis revision this week so that I can get John's OK
for handing it to the other members of my thesis committee.

Thank you,
Adrian

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Michael Kohl wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> thanks for the plot. Please also send the parameters for the other
> parametrizations of corrections for proton-theta's, phi's and z's as
> functions of electron-theta's, phi's and z's.
>
> I see that the correction for proton-dz is almost 1cm in the right sector.
> The correction assumes that electron-z is correct. How do the absolute z
> distributions for protons and electrons compare with each other? Are the
> corrected distributions symmetric around z=0?
>
> Similarly, are the corrected phi distributions symmetric around phi=0 and
> phi=180?
> If not, the assumption of believing z_electron and phi_electron may not be
> valid.
>
> So, please send plots for phi and z for protons and electrons before and
> after corrections.
>

>> From looking at the angle offset of about -0.2 degrees I assume that your
> results are for the most recent recrunch, right? So, how does the ep elastic
> yield distribution as a function of Q2 compare with the previous crunch
> version of last summer (v3_4_12), both before and after corrections? Did the
> most recent recrunch after including corrections change anything? (Or
> differently asked, is it the electron angle or the proton angle that has
> shifted by 0.2 degrees between the two crunch versions?)
>

> Best regards,
>
> Michael
>

> On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Adrian T Sindile wrote:
>
>> Hi Michael, Eugene,
>> Here is a plot of my polynomials fitting those offsets:
>>
>> http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/meeting0905/7wcCutsPhi14Pol7.gif
>>
>> I think this is what Michael asked me about today over the phone (Eugene
>> also had a related question in an email). I showed many times these plots
>> before... The black curves fitting the blue points representing the offsets
>> are the polynomials I sent last night (of course, only the top four plots
>> in the above gif are related to momentum corrections).
>>
>> I guess I could have used lower degree polynomials, but I just wanted to
>> use the same degree for all quantities shown in the gif... and 7 seems to
>> represent them well, without wiggling too much.
>>
>> I hope this helps,
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Adrian T Sindile wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michael,
>>> Here are the coefficients of my polynomials (Sum a_i * X^i), i=0 to 7,
>>> where X is either theta_e or theta_p (the rest of the notation should be
>>> self-explanatory):
>>>
>>> lEl[0] = 4.1776
>>> rEl[0] = 10.96
>>> lPr[0] = -172.12
>>> rPr[0] = 1.12963
>>> lEl[1] = -0.613272
>>> rEl[1] = -1.69205
>>> lPr[1] = 24.5484
>>> rPr[1] = 0.832006
>>> lEl[2] = 0.0371843
>>> rEl[2] = 0.109535
>>> lPr[2] = -1.48666
>>> rPr[2] = -0.114424
>>> lEl[3] = -0.00121402
>>> rEl[3] = -0.00386183
>>> lPr[3] = 0.0495661
>>> rPr[3] = 0.00602106
>>> lEl[4] = 2.30411e-05
>>> rEl[4] = 8.02642e-05
>>> lPr[4] = -0.000982763
>>> rPr[4] = -0.000163778
>>> lEl[5] = -2.53942e-07
>>> rEl[5] = -9.84557e-07
>>> lPr[5] = 1.15906e-05
>>> rPr[5] = 2.45495e-06
>>> lEl[6] = 1.50163e-09
>>> rEl[6] = 6.60608e-09
>>> lPr[6] = -7.5309e-08
>>> rPr[6] = -1.93057e-08
>>> lEl[7] = -3.6612e-12
>>> rEl[7] = -1.87206e-11
>>> lPr[7] = 2.08019e-10

--

------------------------------- Adrian Sindile Research Assistant Nuclear Physics Group University of New Hampshire phone: (603)862-1217 FAX: (603)862-2998 email: asindile@unh.edu http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/