Re: Blast analysis meeting on Wednesday 2006

From: Michael Kohl (kohlm@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 23:13:14 EDT

Hi,

concluding, it must the tossing volume for the GEn Montecarlo for which
the lower bound may be too tight (Vitaliy?). The same may apply to the
d(e,e'p) MC, Adam? Is this a possible explanation for hPz being high in
the lowest bin?

For those interested in this discussion, read from the bottom.

Best regards,

   Michael

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Chi Zhang wrote:

> [...]
> runs in 2005 and the acceptance starts from 24. and the plot you showed is
> not any bit different than any of the theta plot we v been looking at for
> years.
>
> If you guys had sit down and spent 1 minute before calling on "everyone", You
> could have really spared me of the heart attack I almost had, and I could
> really have gone to sleep a bit earlier last night since I needed to get up
> 4:30am this morning!
>
> And I refrain myself from commenting on the way BLAST collabroation operates.
>
> Best regards
>
> Chi
>
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Eugene J. Geis wrote:
>
>> 2 postscripts:
>>
>> 1. mc_real.ps
>>
>> top left -> electron theta from my 2005 D2 data from v17
>> GEN cuts made.
>>
>> top right -> same red curve, e-theta with MC on top
>> GEN cuts made on both
>>
>> bottom left -> electron theta from MC files without xs0 weight
>> GEN cuts applied
>>
>> bottom right -> tml, aka generated e-theta from MC files
>> NO GEN CUTS APPLIED.
>>
>> 2. Theta.ps
>>
>> twl from 2005 v17 data from flr files.
>> QWL==-1 is the ONLY CUT.
>>
>>> I did it, 1 minute and I know that the acceptance starts at 24 degrees
>>> fair and square!
>>
>> What is your definition of "starts"? Cause I did it and I saw it "Start"
>> at 22 and finally have a significant rise at 24. fair and square.
>>
>> MC files were run and crunched by Vitaly a few months ago.
>> I can't find their respective directory. According to v17 flr-files
>> and earlier, data acceptance "STARTS" at 22 but does not become
>> significant until 24. MC "STARTS" at 24 and is not significant until
>> 26 degrees.
>>
>> This is what leads to this claim. I see what the plots look like...
>>
>> -eugene
>>

>> Quoting Chi Zhang <zhangchi@MIT.EDU>:
>>

>>> Hi Michael and Eugene,
>>>
>>> I believe this claim of "mismatch" is utterly nonsense!
>>>
>>> Instead of wasting everyone's time verifying. Why not Eugene explain to
>>>
>>> us what led to this claim. why it takes "a mismatch of data and MC" to
>>>
>>> show "the angle acceptance now start at ~22 degrees", why was
>>> "flrpm->Draw("twl","qwl==-1")"
>>> not enough?
>>>
>>> I did it, 1 minute and I know that the acceptance starts at 24 degrees
>>>
>>> fair and square!
>>>
>>> Why did this claim even get through to BLAST_ANAWAE? 2 degrees span by 1
>>>
>>> meter is a whopping 3.5 centimeters! Did you really believe that the
>>> chambers were (mis)placed to the down stream by more than 3cm?
>>>
>>> Chi

>>> that
>>> degrees.

>>> with
>>> latter

>> Eugene Geis
>> PhD Student, Physics Department, ASU
>> Research Affiliate, MIT-Bates Laboratory of Nuclear Science

| Office: | Home: |