Linux upgrade on Natasha - Status of problems

From: Ernie Bisson, MIT Bates Linear Accelerator (BISSON@aesir.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 14:37:39 EDT

Hi all.

As some of you may know there were problems during the upgrade to Natasha.
To make a long story short, we had to setup a new file server and restore all
/home areas from my backups. This was because of problems accessing Natasha's
disks that we have yet to overcome. The restoration was completed late last
night. My last daily backup had been at 10:00PM Wednesday night, so files
created between then and when Natasha was shutdown yesterday will be missing.
I will be making further attempts to access the disks on the old Natasha.
If successful, then I'll be able to restore files that you request.

The only other problems I'm aware of had to do with the /home areas not
being available on certain computers. From what I can tell I have cleared
that all up. If you still are having problems accessing areas, the please
let me know.

Ernie