problems on bud19 & bud22

From: mcallister@mit.edu
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 19:26:42 EDT

Blast users -

All systems have been rebooted.

In the process, I discovered that several disks are reporting severe
problems.

On bud19, the first disk (/scratch/bud19) is showing many bad sectors.
On bud22, the second disk (/scratch1/bud22) is showing high error rates.

I will attempt to copy them to new disks tomorrow, and then replace the
disks. It would probably be wise to avoid use of bud19 & 22 for now. I
will probably need to take them offline tomorrow.

Michael, if you read this, maybe you could take a look and let me know if
everything needs to be preserved. Most of the bud22 disk (105GB) is files
belonging to nikolas (/scratch1/bud22/NIK) from 2005. bud19 is mostly
blast "online_crunch" (98GB).

----
Brian McAllister                                   Senior Software Engineer
mcallister@mit.edu                      Bates Research & Engineering Center
(617) 253-9537                                                Middleton, MA