scheduled power outage October 13

From: mcallister@mit.edu
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 16:18:26 EDT

BLAST users -

Middleton is re-routing our incoming power line. They are currently
scheduling a power shutdown of ~8 hours to switch over to the new line on
Saturday 10/13, and it is likely that there will be glitches while power is
restored.

My plan is to shut down all the Bates computers Friday afternoon (probably
starting about 3pm) and leave them off until Monday.

I encourage all users to make sure they don't have any sessions or programs
running at that time which will suffer from being ruthlessly terminated.

----
Brian McAllister                                   Senior Software Engineer
mcallister@mit.edu                      Bates Research & Engineering Center
(617) 253-9537                                                Middleton, MA