BLAST farm moved

From: Brian McAllister (mcallister@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 20:29:04 EST

All BLAST computers, except SPUD1 [dead motherboard] and SPUD7 [failed
disks], are now on online and ready for use. If there are any problems
with the systems or accessing them please let me know.

blast05 and blast02 have been updated with all current RedHat patches.
There shouldn't be much effect on users, but be warned.

I was unable to resolve the UPS setup for SPUDS9-12. They are all plugged
into one large UPS. SPUD11 is directly connected to the UPS and will
shut down correctly. It should be possible to configure clients on the
others so they will shut down also, but I haven't succeeded with that yet.
This means that if there is a significant power interruption, SPUDS9, 10
and 12 will be crashed. Hopefully, that won't happen until I can figure it
out.

There are still several dead or failing fans that I didn't have time to
replace.

----
Brian McAllister                                   Senior Software Engineer
mcallister@mit.edu                      Bates Research & Engineering Center
(617) 253-9537                                                Middleton, MA