Re: compiling libBlast.so

From: Simon Sirca (sirca@crex.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 16:21:18 EST

Hi, Aaron,

unfortunately I am away at the moment and I set aside the configure
stuff for BLAST for a short while. However, as of last week, blastmc
and BlastLib compiled on two different machines (Maurik's at UNH and
mine at MIT campus) with either Makefile or through autoconf-generated
Makefiles. The problems you observe below (successful linking of
libBlast.so, but failure of either of the s, nsed, or quick to run
(they crash on opening and reading the *.geom files) is apparently
related to a call of TBLRecon::Initialize with inappropriately
allocated TBLMagField INfield and TBLGeometry INgeom objects.
That was the working hypothesis we had with Tong a couple of days ago.
In short, something is wrong with the code, not the compilation,
but I gave up at the time.

Simon

--
  Pager: (757) 988-6687 | Cell: 876-1787 | Office: 269-5289 | Bed: 269-7469

Simon Sirca MIT-LNS, Room 26-402 Tel: +1 617 258-5438 77 Massachusetts Avenue Fax: +1 617 452-5950 Cambridge, MA 02139-4307, USA URL: http://pierre.mit.edu/~sirca