Re: blastmc & moller generator

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 17:39:25 EST

Hi, Tim!
The reason for which I made "moller.so" was that when you move a .so file
to the run directory, it gives you a rellocation error.
This was the sollution I came up with at that time.
However, since not everybody needs Moller and Simon complained about this
then, I have been working on a different solution. One can simply link the
shared object file that is already made in a different directory.
The bad part about this is that you cannot include this in a general
Makefile (if you do not use autoconf)... because you do not know what
generator people want to use.
So I guess, you can detach the Moller stuff altogether, but people who do
not use autoconf will have to modify their Makefile by hand to use any
shared object (unless we find a solution for the rellocation error
message).