Re: blastmc & moller generator

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 18:17:49 EST

Hi, everybody!

> Moller is detached already and is available through --enable-moller.
> If the generator crashes at run-time (as Hauke mentions), it is a different
> issue. What exactly is the relocation error Adrian is experiencing?

The generator does not crash, the messages Hauke got are not related to
Moller. All the files he mentions are not part of Moller stuff at all.
The rellocation error was not experienced only by me, but by Tim also and
happens when you want to move ANY .so generator to the run directory,
which used to be the method of doing things, before Simon's autoconf
solution.
I aknowledge that solution as being elegant, but since some people do not
use it yet, I think we need an alternative, too.
I do not think the run-time crash is related to the Moller generator,
which I ran perfectly after "making" with the usual Makefile scheme...
As I said, one can link any .so generator by hand in the Makefile (as I
did a couple of days ago with Vitali's e-p generator which was also
giving the "rellocation error: unknown symbol f__xvsc", or some similar
linking problem) - but everybody would need to modify Makefiles as they
need them - to avoid moving shared objects from one directory to another.
Any solution you guys have works for me! It would be great to have an
alternative to autoconf, if not, I can personally work around things.