shift summary

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 00:58:03 EDT

Hi, everybody!
John Calarco (BLAST run coordinator) wants everybody to write a summary
when the shift ends. I guess I am starting this...
For the evening shift, we had a couple of problems that took a long time
to figure out:
1) one of the wire chamber HV crates hung and because the HV daemon needs
all the crates in order to run, we had to spend time to get that back up;
2) for an unknown reason, the fastbus crates were writing TDC data for the
wire chambers, thus creating huge amounts of data and choking CODA.
Karen had to come in about 10 PM and she was the one to fix this.
We had about one hour and a half of data taking. Good run numbers:
481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 488.
I looked at raw TDCs and ADCs for both TOFs and Cerenkovs, left and right
sector. We had all of them - the ADCs for the 11th TOF left were very
broad (maybe the voltage was too high, a new tube that was not
gain-mtached?)...
Chris and Kevin took over and we were looking at the runs we took so far.
They will go on with the timing procedure written by John Calarco.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu