evening shift 07/25

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 00:53:36 EDT

CCR was working on the beam most of the evening (a power supply problem).
They got it up and working around 11:00.

When they did, we started looking for ep coincidences. We made a new
trigger file (named JCpairs.settings) which had the following triggers in
it:

  4L and (13R or 14R)
  (13L or 14L) and 4R

(The start counter was in x-mode.) We took one run: 867.

Run 867: We saw plenty of ep coincidences with the proton going to the
right. However, there were virtually zero coincidences with the proton
going to the left. Some plots are in the notebook, but we don't know how
useful they'll be.

Aaron and Adrian