[BLAST_TOF] TOF efficiency

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 12:06:33 EDT

Raising voltages by 200 V on the LTOF#1 improved the "efficiency" - from
70% I saw earlier for overnight runs 1484 and 1485 to 85% for run 1589.
It is obviously not a voltage issue (or not only).
I put ADC cuts on the small paddle corresponding to LTOF#1 (for overnight
runs, before raising voltages) and the efficiency was between 95-98%,
depending on cut.
It is obvious we are getting a lot of accidentals with this method, due to
noise in the small paddles' and start counter's PMTs.

I will investigate further, with the hope that without raising voltages,
just by eliminating noise we get a decent number for efficiency.

Too bad that we do not get triggers at all for LTOF0, 14, 15 (due to start
counter coverage and cross section?!).

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant