Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] monte carlo vertex generation question

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 06:59:36 EDT

> The most realistic vertex method that the Monte Carlo currently has is
> vertex style 0. This style has an extended target of total length 40cm
> and has a triangular distribution in (cylindrical) rho about this length,
> out to a maximum of 0.5mm, centered in the middle of the target.

I am not sure I understand what you mean. The triangular distribution is
only a function of z, the cell length

rho(x) = rho(0) * ( 1 - |z|/L)

where 2L is the cell lenght (40 cm). rho(0) can be found from the total
(atomic) flow divided by the total cell conductance (you have to add
the equal contributions from the two hlves, each of length L, diameter d)
There is no radial dependence.

Cheers,
tancredi