[BLAST_TOF] end of night shift

From: Octavian F Filoti (ofiloti@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 08:29:32 EDT

When I got in shift Peter told me about missing bottom TDC's signal!
I turned ON the flasher to check timing and eventually take some data and
see if maybe the trigger was bad!
On the scope everything looked fine, timing was good (a difference
less than 16nsec between some of the tubes, i.e. top and bottom), but
since there was no signal coming out of MLU, I have discovered that
Tancredi used a delay in order to get the common strobe signal to TS in a
good time! But he missed the rate! Thus I have changed the set up and
right now for a frequency of the flasher unit of 10Hz we get 4-5Hz from
MLU (compare to 0.05Hz)!
But after that I saw CODA crashing almost all night, thus I had to call
Karen (2:30am) and she told me to tune the Common Strobe signal to TS to
be in coincidence with T1 (please see the comments from the BLAST
commissioning logbook #3).
I fixed this problem and get events and some runs!
I turned OFF the flasher at 3:45am and downloaded a trigger just for the
first paddle (TOF_L0_eff.settings) and I also had to tune again the Common
Strobe signal to TS to be in coincidence with the physics event signal to
TS, i.e. T1 (right now C is #3 on the scope and T1 #4, and #2 is the MLU
physics event output).
The best delay I have got for the C signal was 12nsec.
This was around 5am.
Some more comments you can find in the logbook.
The last surprise I have got was the fact that I cannot use any of my
macros that worked a day before! Maybe because the network was down
yesterday!!! I have got "strange" environment variables in my account!!!
ALL NIGHT CODA END OF RUN FAILED!!!

Octavian F Filoti
Nuclear Physics Group
Univ. of New Hampshire