[BLAST_SHIFTS] 10/08/02 morning shift summary

From: Adam DeGrush (degrush@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 08:00:18 EDT

Hello All,

Tonight we took wire target data with the BLAST field on.

There were still some problems with the the control of the wire target.
Specifically the initial position where the wire was in the beam halo varied
from -10 mm at the beginning of the shift to -12.5 mm at the end. Since a lot
of the "field off " events coming into coda were from downstream , now with the
field off, I had difficulty generating a noticeable event rate w/o creating
showers. This balancing act kept the built events < 10 Hz.

The results look good with S/B's of 3:1 or better were seen for all the layers.
This remained true throughout the night.

Run # EB events
2107 >20000
2109 ~25000
2112 ~19000