[BLAST_SHIFTS] one bad day

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 18:36:38 EDT

Today, I spent two hours (one with Karen at my side) trying to take a run
because CODA was really hung. After a lot of struggle Karen powercycled
everything and I was getting my hope back...
... not for long though! Next I saw 5 TOF PMT signals missing on the
scalers, so I spent another hour and a half chasing cables in the
D-tunnel.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE SIGNALS BACK AFTER YOU "IMPROVE" THINGS!

After I got all the TOF signals back I confidently took a very long
- 300K events - cosmics run (#2138).
I analyzed part of it quickly and surprise! A lot of TDCs and ADCs were
missing...
I told Tancredi about the problem and he said he had plugged and unplugged
cables all day but that he put everything back.
I took a look in the D-tunnel and I could not find the problem. I will
look some more, but I am saying this again, after a totally wasted day
from my TOF testing point of view:

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE SIGNALS BACK AFTER YOU "IMPROVE" THINGS!

Well, if I did not do anything for the TOFs at least I have been chasing
problems which I did not create...

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant