[BLAST_SHIFTS] 10/09/02 evening shift summary

From: Tong-Uk Lee (tong@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 23:59:06 EDT

Hi,

We obtained the beam and working trigger with tof TDC and ADC
at 8:00 tonight. We wasted 20 min. to determin optimal wire
starting position, -0.95 mm.

We took data for 50 min. without B field to verify if some flaky boxes
are not due to B field. R13 and R17, which seemed to be quiet in B field
off data, look normal in this run. R16 and R18, which we fixed broken
wire and added missing resistors, look normal.
Signal to background ratios for all chambers are better than 6:1.
No boxes are tripping . The event display shows that there are
tracks coming from downstream. Otherwise, everything looks good.

At 9:10, we turned the blast field on. We spent 20 min. to determin optimal
wire starting position, ~ -0.40 mm (actual position). RUN 2147 has about 45 k.
The boxes, R13, R17, R16 and R18 looks the same as when the magnet was off.
TDC distributions shows the singnal to background ratios for all chamber are
better than 4:1. There are many events with good track originating from wire target.

-T

--
 Frederick Tong-Uk Lee                          Senior Research Associate
 Laboratory of Nuclear Science at MIT           tong@lns.mit.edu