[BLAST_SHIFTS] Neutron Counter & HV

From: Timothy Smith (tim_smith@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 17:35:35 EDT

Hello Blasters,

        Chris D'Andrea and I have been working on connecting in
the Neutron Counters today. Part of the problem has been to
get High Voltage to these counters. We needed to add two line
to hvDaemon to get this to work. These have been checked in
to CVS and the working version is in
        ~blast/commis/hv/hvDaemon.
We have also left an old version, incase there are problems and
we whish to run with the neutron counters;
        ~blast/commis/hv/hvDaemonNoNC

        We also needed to get the voltages into the database.
Adrian will do it the right way, but our "quick-n-dirty"
solution involved copying a table from "TaviTest" in mySQL.
If that get overwitten;

mysql

> use BlastTest;
> CREATE TABLE BlastTest.NC_HV select * from TaviTest.NC_HV ;
> quit;

more details (incase I mis-typed) in the MySQL book, page 148.

                                Tim

 Timothy Paul Smith                     Assistant Research Professor
 Dartmouth College                     timothy.p.smith@dartmouth.edu
 Department of Physics and Astronomy          -or- tim_smith@mit.edu
 6128 Wilder Lab.
 Hanover, New Hampshire 03755                   tel:  (603) 646-9346