Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] trigger problems (+ solution)

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 18:44:28 EST

> In general we should have NC data in the data stream even if we do not
> connect it to the trigger as they will make it to the ADC anyways. So if
> you prefer, do nothing and leave the neutron OR's unplugged.

This is what I did - although it was just a gut feeling... I simply took
that wire out because I did not understand it, it seemed useless and
potentially troublesome to me for our purposes now. I am glad you think it
was the right solution - too bad last night's runs were having problems
because of it.

> Else, one solution is to take NC data with the left NC plugged in RMLU
> but that's ugly.

This I do not understand - how would that fix the problem? Just for my
education... I did not think of this.