[BLAST_SHIFTS] 11/09/02, shift a: out of isobutane

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 02:02:38 EST

when chi and i came in tonight, the wire chamber gas system window said
that no isobutane was flowing. after a call to adam, we agreed that we
were probably out of isobutane. one bottle of isobutane was in the gas
shed; we took that one down to the south hall and compared it with
the one that was hooked up to the chambers. since our isobutane is
in liquid form, we have to measure its weight to get a gauge on how
much is left in the bottle. i don't remember exactly how much is in
a full bottle, but the new bottle that we brought down to the floor
weighed 170lbs (the bottle didn't have any full-empty sticker on it, so
i'm not certain that it was full). the old bottle (the one that was
hooked up when we went down to the hall floor) weighed 78lbs. as
such we hooked the new one into the wire chambers and did the appropriate
initial flushing. i suppose that 78lbs should be taken as the weight of
the empty bottle.

however, we can't take wire chamber data this shift. hopefully, we can by
the sunday 0:00-8:00 shift. instead, tonight, we'll take more cerenkov
data using the elastic_tof_last8 trigger.

i should mention that i couldn't find any other isobutane bottles in the
gas shed. tancredi said that the target lab has a partially-filled one,
but we should probably order more.

aaron and chi