[BLAST_SHIFTS] recap

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 15:39:35 EST

Just to clear up some of the confusion generated in the past two days:
- two nights ago people reported 8 LEFT TOFs not giving signals
when having BEAM;
- Jason and I looked into that yesterday and we found no problem with the
left sector, we found problems with the RIGHT TOFs, when studied with
COSMICS - we traced that to the neutron counters wires into the trigger.

RIGHT TOFs problems were gone today (see previous email about TOFs), so
our diagnostic was right.
However, we did NOT have beam yesterday during the day shift, so we did
not test the trigger settings used the night before.

Today, using what Aaron and Chi reported, Chris and I traced the missing
TOF signals to a bad MLU pattern. We understand exactly what was wrong and
Chris will follow up with a detailed explanation.

Things are going smoothly now, we are cranking up to gather e-p statistics
for Cerenkov studies.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant