Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] helium

From: Tong-Uk Lee (tong@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 00:02:28 EST

Hi,

We had taken data till 6:00 P.M. and relaized no ADC in the right sector.
We checked the data taken by Chris in the earlier owl shift and found that
he had the same problem. Using plot_adc.C, we checked raw ADC distribution,
and we discovered that most ADC counts were -1. According to Tancredi, this
could be due to cable, ADC gate, or back-card in the fast bus crate. He will

try to fix the problem later. Meanwhile, we decided to take data
as it is. Note that TDC distribution for TOF looked fine for both sectors
and getting
good trigger rate.

However, before we take data again, CCR couldn't deliver the beam again
because
one of the magnets kept tripping. They fixed the problem at 11:45.
Hopefully, next shift takers can take data. We have also changed the helium
bottle with
six bottle cradle. This will last for a week. When I changed the helium
bottle, I noticed
that isobutane bottle was getting low, too. I think we should change it
tomorrow night or Monday
morning. Adam, please chech gas bottles tomorrow in your shift.

I left drift chamber gas running at 3 slm and chamber is ready for taking
data.

-T