[BLAST_ANAWARE] MySQL database policy

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 16:08:13 EST

Hi!
At today's analysis meeting, it was decided to move towards writing TDC
offsets and ADC pedestals to the MySQL database from now on, instead of
using files... Also, it would be nice to make CODA record info in the
database for every run.
Our MySQL database was already designed for this purpose, we have been
only waiting for this moment.
This will require writing programs for that (I will have to speak with
Chris to come up with a common idea, as he already used similar stuff for
the ELogbook). It will also require to add stuff to the reconstruction
classes that need this info (Chi). Maybe Chris, Chi and I could get
together and discuss this (is tomorrow (Thursday) OK?)...

Anyway, once we start using the database for things required in the
analysis (offsets, pedestals etc.) we will have to drop the habit of
dropping the database whenever we change HV settings (it was just faster
to do it that way, to avoid manual interaction with the HV daemon).

Soon, I will modify permissions for the database users, so that we do not
lose information by mistake (once you drop it, that info is forever lost).
I will send an email when permissions are changed.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu