RE: [BLAST_ANAWARE] MySQL access from the spuds

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 12:25:56 EST

> Can you connect to the database using the "mysql" program? (I.e. mysql
> -h blast05.lns.mit.edu -u ....)

Yes, I already did that, I can connect. It is true the blast05 has
permission issues (message coming about that) but I used my account which
should be OK.

> If you can, that is good. If you cannot then there may be permissions
> set on the blast05 machine, or on the mysql database itself. Ernie
> should be able to resolve such issues. The mysql program will give some
> error message.

I am all over permissions for mysql - I can grant myself all the
permissions in the world, so the problem is exactly what I said it was:
mismatch between ROOT and libMySQL.so...

> If the problem is with ROOT: One thing I have noted before with ROOT is
> that the class library libMySQL.so (part of ROOT) is not always properly
> compiled so that it automatically loads the
> /usr/lib/mysql/lubmysqlclient.so, which is needed. Could you test your
> macro with a forced load of that lib? (Use .L
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so before doing anything in "root").
> If this fixes things, we can either A) Always load this library by hand.
> B) Recompile libMySQL.so with the appropriate pre-load flags.

Thanks a lot, Maurik, loading the library by hand fixed everything!
The problem was that I did not need to do that on dblast07, for example
and I was not aware of it... I thought libMySQL.so has everything.
I appreciate the quick response.