[BLAST_ANAWARE] important - blast account on blast05

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 12:29:54 EST

Hi!
The blast account on blast05 was deactivated some time ago for reasons I
did not understand (that does not mean the reasons were not valid).
However, our MySQL server runs on blast05. What does this mean?
This means that if you try and do any analysis on any computer (spuds,
dblast07 etc.) in the blast account (like everybody does while on shift,
for example), the MySQL client on that machine will not have permission to
connect to the MySQL server on blast05, simply because you are using an
account that is not allowed to connect to blast05...

To solve this, I would need superuser access to blast05 this time.
So please, somebody fix this as we need permissions for the MySQL stuff!
Or, if nobody wants to be bothered with messages like this - since I am
trusted with the superuser power for the MySQL database, maybe I can be
also trusted with the same power for the machine the server is running
on? That way I can solve my own problems without bugging people or wasting
time...

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant