Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] important - blast account on blast05

From: Chris Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 12:17:53 EST

hi adrian,
   i am pretty sure that you do not need a un*x acct for blast@blast05 in
order to login as blast to the mysql server. The two accounts are completely
independent, except for the fact that it uses your linux username as the
default for mysql. for example, 'mysql -u blast -p -h blast05 ..." you
can even put that stuff in '.my.cnf' to make it transparent. i agree that it
is a pain in the keyboard to not have access to the web from blast, but i
guess if that's what it takes for us to be legal...
--chris