RE: [BLAST_ANAWARE] MySQL success!

From: Maurik Holtrop (maurik.holtrop@unh.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 09:41:33 EST

Hello Adrian,

I am glad you figured it out. Here is my analysis of what happened:

1) You were loading a copy of libMySQL.so from your home directory. This
copy was compiled on a different system, with a different version of the
compiler than the root distribution on the spuds. Thus, the "name
mangling" was different and the library would not load.

2) I think you do not need to load the libMySQL.so explicitly for a
macro. I did not need to on the spuds at least. Again, this behavior
unfortunately depends on the version of root you are using.

3) The /usr/lib/libz.so needs to be loaded. I think this is a bug, and I
think this is in libmysqlclient.so. Perhaps a later patch will fix this.
We can ask Scott to look into this (Scott?)

The spuds run RedHat Linux 7.3 root version 3.02.05, mysql version
11.16, Blast05 runs RedHat Linux 7.0, root version 3.02.00, mysql
version 11.12.
Somewhere there lies the difference.

Cheers,
        Maurik